Aumtech may provide additional or supplemental privacy policies to individuals for specific products or services that we offer at the time we collect personal information.
Our websites, products and services are designed and intended for businesses and their representatives. We do not offer products or services for use by individuals for their personal, family or household purposes. Accordingly, we treat all personal information we collect as pertaining to individuals in their capacities as business representatives and not their individual capacities.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), please consult the EEA/UK GDPR supplemental notice below.
- Personal information we collect as a Controller
- How we use your personal information as a Controller
- How we share your personal information as a Controller
- Your choices for personal information we collect as a Controller
- Personal information we collect as a Processor
- How we use your personal information as a Processor
- How we share your personal information as a Processor
- Other sites and services
- International data transfer
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
- How to contact us
- EEA/UK GDPR supplementary notice
Personal information we collect as a Controller
When you visit our website or communicate with us, we may collect certain personal information about you for which we act as a controller.
This section describes the types of personal information we may collect about you as a controller, and the ways in which we collect such information:
- Information you provide to us. We may collect the following types of personal information directly from you when you provide it to us through the website or otherwise:
- When you interact with our customer support on our website, such as to request for a demo or to request for a partnership, you provide us with your Business contact information, such as your name, business email address, company name, business phone number and any information that you decide to share with us.
- When you sign up to receive our online newsletter, you provide us with your email address.
- When you apply online to our job openings, you provide us with your full name, email address, phone number, work history, education, resume, cover letter, information on your ability to work in the US, and any other information you decide to share with us. You may also decide to apply using your LinkedIn or Indeed account. In such a case, you will allow LinkedIn or Indeed to share with us information about your account, such as your name, picture, email address, education, work history, appraisals, etc.
- When you interact with us on social media, such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter: You are agreeing to the social media platform provider’s privacy statement. This may include sharing with us your name, profile, photos, reactions and comments to our posts, etc. The social media platform provider’s privacy statement applies to your interactions and their collection, use and processing of your personal information. You or the platforms may provide us with information through the platform, and we will treat such information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- When we manage our business relationship and provide our Services to your company: you provide us with your business contact information, such as your name, job title, email address, telephone number, etc.
- When you share with us requests and/or queries, you provide us with your name, business email address, company name, business phone number and any information that you decide to share with us.
- When it is necessary for us to otherwise process your personal information, you provide us with other data, not specifically listed here, which we will use as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
Third-party sources. We may collect the following types of personal information from third-party sources (such as publicly available sources, including social media platforms; data providers, such as information services and data licensors; and marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors), and we may combine such personal information with information we receive directly from you:
- Third-party sources may provide us with your business contact information, such as your name, job title, email address, telephone number, etc.
Information collected by automated means from your browser and device through cookies and other tracking technologies
With your permission where it is required by applicable laws, we, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log the following types of information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interactions over time with us If you visit our website, communicate with us, or use our other online services:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
- Location data when you authorize the website to access your device’s location.
Please consult our Cookie Notice for more information.
How we use your personal information as a Controller
For the personal information we collect about you as a controller, we may use such personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the website and our business;
- communicate with you, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the website and our communications; and
- provide support for the website, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the website and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this aggregated, de-identified or anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the website and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you Aumtech-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the website or otherwise; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
How we share your personal information as a Controller
For the personal information we collect about you as a controller, we may share such personal information with the following parties and as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice or at the time of collection.
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the website or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, and website analytics).
Business and marketing partners. Third parties with whom we collaborate on joint activities, with whom we have entered into joint marketing relationships or other joint ventures, or who we think may offer you products or services that you may enjoy.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations and diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Aumtech or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Your choices for personal information we collect as a Controller
For the personal information we collect about you as a controller, you have the following choices with respect to such personal information. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, please consult the EEA/UK GDPR supplementary notice below.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Third-party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account or other third-party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may be different from those in your state, province, or country.
If you are located in the EEA or the UK, we will transfer your personal information outside the EEA/UK in accordance with the provisions on data transfers in the EEA/UK GDPR supplementary notice below.
How long do we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and beyond such time to the extent legally permitted and based on our legal obligations or legitimate interests (e.g. in retaining data for the purposes of responding to possible disputes or complaints).
Our website is not intended for use by children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our website from a child under 16 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to contact us.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by updating the date of this Privacy Notice and posting it on our website. If required by law we will also provide notification of changes in another way that we believe is reasonably likely to reach you. Any modifications to this Privacy Notice will be effective upon our posting the modified version (or as otherwise indicated at the time of posting). In all cases, your use of the website or submission of personal information to us after the effective date of any modified Privacy Notice indicates your acknowledgment of the modified Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Aumtech Inc, 242 Old New Brunswick Road, Suite 411, Piscataway, NJ 08854
- Phone: +1.732.254.1875
EEA/UK GDPR supplemental notice
If you are located in the EEA or the UK, this EEA/UK GDPR supplemental notice applies to you.
The controller of your personal information
Aumtech Inc., established at 242 Old New Brunswick Road, Suite 411, Piscataway, NJ 08854 (“Aumtech”) is the controller of your personal information.
Local Member Representative
Individuals and data protection supervisory authorities in the EU and the UK may contact our data protection representatives according to Articles 27 EU and UK GDPR:
EU Representative: Adam Brogden, Instant EU GDPR Representative Ltd, firstname.lastname@example.org, + 353 15 549 700, Ireland
UK Representative: Adam Brogden, GDPR Local Ltd, email@example.com, + 441 772 217 800, England
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred and stored outside your place of residence, that are subject to different standards of data protection. In particular, you should be aware that your personal information may be shared with, and transferred to Aumtech and third-party business partners / service providers who are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom (UK). We will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable laws.
We can provide you with a copy of the appropriate safeguards that we have put in place by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to access your information and your other rights
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- Right of access: you can ask us to provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information;
- Right to rectification: If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it rectified;
- Right to erasure: You can ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no lawful reason for us continuing to store or process it, where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons that will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request;
- Right to restrict processing: you can ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information if, (i) you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (ii) where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (iii) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Right to object: Where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Right to data portability: You have the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time: where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
Please note that some of these rights may be limited where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to process the personal information or where certain exemptions apply.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details provided above.
Although we urge you to contact us first to find a solution for every concern you may have, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with your competent data protection authority.